To achieve and sustain a healthy Colorado economy that works for everyone and protects what makes Colorado the best state in the country to live, work, start a business, raise a family, and retire. By growing our economy with jobs that cannot be outsourced, employee owned business creation and infrastructure to enable entrepreneurship in all parts of the state, we strive to grow a resilient economy where everyone not only gets by, but thrives
Advance a thriving Colorado economy through:
- Innovation: through innovative and bold ideas, we will work to advance our economy to ensure more Coloradans benefit from the state’s economic growth. We will seek out and welcome investments in emerging technologies that will spur growth, as well as in the infrastructure needed to support it.
- Collaboration: by working collaboratively not only across OEDIT divisions but across state agencies, we will implement more effective long-term plans for a diverse and robust economy that upholds Colorado’s values.
- Positioning Colorado as the nation’s #1 economic leader: due to Colorado’s diverse and innovative economy we continue to rank #1 in the country. In addition, our geographic location and top international airport positions us as a gateway to the U.S.—and provides certainty of future global opportunities.
The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) works with statewide partners to create a positive business climate that encourages dynamic economic development and sustainable job growth. Under the leadership of Governor Jared Polis, we strive to advance the state’s economy through financial and technical assistance in support of local and regional economic development activities throughout Colorado.
We assist in:
- Building a strong public-private approach on a statewide basis for economic development activities
- Monitoring economic conditions throughout the state and strengthening regional economies
- Supporting entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Increasing quality job creation by expanding and attracting businesses
- Maintaining Colorado’s diverse economic base by retaining existing jobs through responsive programs and a supportive business climate
- Positioning Colorado as a global leader in key industries, such as tourism, aerospace, bioscience and renewable energy
- Assisting the state’s economy, while preserving quality of life